Monday, November 10, 2008

Bad Dog

While I was in Paris, the dog was busy. She had to stay home, but not alone, I had a babysitter check on her 2-3 times a day, take her for walks, feed her, put her out in the yard in the day, take her in at night. This was apparently not enough attention. The dog protested. I won't recount the couple or regressive toilet issues she had: I understand she may have been feeling abandoned, and that leads to such things, but the simple destruction. That is hard to understand!

Let's see how much did the dog cost me in the last days:

1. Ripped KASHMIR shawl 70.oo
2. Green Chair upolstery 100.00
3. Babysitter 5x30.00 150.00
4. Feathersout of bed pillow 40.00
5. Hole in sheet and blanket 50.00

That's a grand total of 410 euros, a little more than 100 euros a day.

Here is the incidence report if you want further details.

I left my cashmir shawl folded on the bed upstairs, the dog is trained not to go upstairs, but she forgot this. She was up there, she ate a hole in the shawl, but being that it was folded, its like one of those paper snowflakes, you unfold it and there are many holes, she also decided to rip a big hole in the down pillow on the bed,, what a mess,, after 2 hours of cleaning there are still feathers flying everywhere, and before leaving the bed,, she chewed a hole though the blanket to the sheet.. at least she didn't hit the matress.

Downstairs, she worked on one of the chairs in the living room, she ripped a hole in the seat and pulled all the stuffing out, this is easier to clean up than feathers.

She and I had a chat about this, and we hope that it will never happen again. I promised never to leave her like that again, and in exchange she will try not to destroy the house. At least I think thats what her eyes said, when I pleaded with her while collecting chair stuffing, and using the ripped sheet to patch the pilow.

No comments:

What I am reading

  • The Ghosts of Spain by Giles Tremlett - this book is great for someone like me who knows nothing of history, I have only just started but have learned a lot about Franco and why the people in my village are the way they are.
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini - it was good but I cried, I have decided not to read anymore sad books. I used to love Booker Prize books, but they are all sort of sad, I need to find a new reading list.
  • Vedanta-voice of freedom by Swami Vivekananda - everytime I open this book I find something for me for the day, it is like the book knows what I need to get through the day, the chapters are short and each has a message about the universal human expereince and I suppose in my egocentric world I make believe that the messages are written for me. I know they are not, but it still amazes me everyday, that we all have the same problems even hundreds of years later.